Thursday, August 7, 2014

Interview with Bloodsoaked done by Patrick

Metal  Hails 
Here  is  a new  Interview  with  Peter  of  the  mighty  Bloodsoaked  bloodsoaked  have  a  new  cd  coming  out  through  their  label Comatose  Music  soon.So  any  fans  into  brutal,vicious  old-school  death  metal   check  this  release  out  when  it  is  released.
Metal  Regards
Patrick 









Interview   with  Peter  Hasselbrack   vocalist  and  Instruments  for  Bloodsoaked     done   by   Patrick



1.Metal  hails  Peter  how  is  your   week  going?  When  did  you  first  start   listening  to   metal? Who  were  the  first  bands   you  listened  to?



Week is going well, finishing up confirming support bands for April 2015 Europe tour and preparing for the new album release. I was listening to Kiss in 1978-79 and then stuff like Judas Priest, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and so on.





2.You  started   Bloodsoaked  in  2006   did  you  plan  to  keep   Bloodsoaked  a  one  man  band  or  have  you   looked  for  other  members  to  join the  band?


When I first started I wanted Bloodsoaked to be a full band but it never worked out. It was then going to be a studio only and one album project and it kind of took off from there. I was doing things One-Man style for many years and then about 2 1/2 years ago added a second guitarist/vocals (Joseph Darling).  It worked out great and then we recently parted ways so I'm back to a One-Man band again.  I was thinking of looking for a replacement but I think I'm going to keep it One-Man for a while and get back to the way it was.




3.If  you  had  the   opportunity   to  work  with  any  musicians{past  or  present}  who  would  you  like  to   work  with?


 For me it would be John Tardy of Obituary and/ore Martin Van Drunen of Pestilence/Hail of Bullets.  I grew up loving their vocal styles and would love for them to do vocals on my songs, would be a dream come true.



4.For  the   readers   who  may  not  of  ever  heard  Bloodsoaked's   music  how  would  you  describe  your  music?


 BLOODSOAKED concentrates on purely oldschool, no frills, straight forward, skull crushing Death Metal in the most raw and primitive form! There are no "slam till you can't slam no more breakdowns", no pig squeals, no arpeggios; simply classic Death Metal, nothing more, nothing less.




5.Bloodsoaked   has  worked  with  Comatose  Music   since  your   debut  how  did  you  come  in  contact  with  this  great label?


 I knew Comatose Music from when I ran Bloodsoaked Promotions as well as Bloodsoaked Records. A few different labels were interested in releasing my first album and I chose Comatose as I knew they promoted their bands well and thought they were going to be around for a while.


6. Peter  how  long   did  it  take  you   to  write  the  new  songs  on  the  new  cd  "Religious  Apocalypse" ?Where   do  you   draw  inspiration  for  your  lyrics?



 With the new album only having three new originals it actually took me a while.  Abomination took my months as I would keep coming back to it and things never seemed right.  Religious Apocalypse and Devouring came along sort of quick.  I'm a slow song writer anyway.  I don't write riff and songs nearly as much as I should but when I come up with something I like I make sure to put it down and remember it.


7.How  has  the   response   been  from  the  fans?What  about  the  press?


 The album will not be released till September 2nd so no response from the fans yet and the 1-2 reviews so far have been good.



8. Peter   you  have  a  couple  of  covers  on  the  new  cd  Shake Me{Cinderella}  and  Your  In  Love {Ratt}  when  did  you  decide  to  do  these  cover  songs?


  I grew up listening to Glam, Thrash and Death Metal.  I would go to a Motley Crue or Poison show one night and the next see Carcass and Napalm Death.  I wanted to do an all Glam cover album but Comatose didn't want to release it.  I chose some of the heavier Glam songs for the album and I am more than happy with the results.




9.You  also  made  a  video  for   the  title track   Religious  Apocalypse how  long  did  it  take  you  to  make  the  video?  Do  you  like  making  video's?  Any  plans  to  make  anymore  ?



The video was a 6 hour video shot and overall I'm happy with the video, not the best Bloodsoaked video but it's solid.  Yes, I like making videos, it's fun to go all out and see what the final result is. No plans on any other videos at this time but you never know.




10.I know  you   have  a  U.S  tour  coming  up  in   November   where  are  some  cities/towns you  will  be  playing?  Who  is  going  on  tour  with  you?




 The US tour is still being booked and headlining act is confirmed but unfortunately I can not disclose anything till the booking agent has everything is order.  It will be from the east coast to the west coast and mostly the southern states.


11. Peter   I  also  read  you  will  be  playing  Europe   in  2015   Where  are  some  places/countries  you  will be  heading  to?Who  are  some  bands  you  will be  sharing the  stage with?What do  you  think  is  the  biggest  difference  between American  crowds  and the European  crowds?



 Here again we are still confirming the support bands so we can't announce them as of yet.  We should be going to the same countries as we've been to in the past such as Germany, Poland, Netherlands, France, Belgium or Austria. Seems like the Europe fans are more supportive of all the bands on the tours even if they are no Death Metal.  We've had some Thrash and Metal Core bands tour with us and the Europe fans go crazy no matter what and support the bands in general. Also the venues overseas take care of the bands much better than the US venues.



12.This  is  your  third  time  playing  in Europe   where  have  been  some  of  your  favorite  places  you've  played? Are  their   any  countries  you  have  not  played  yet  that  you  hope to  play  someday?


 The Cave in Amsterdam is always the best. It's a small club venue but the fans always come out and pack the place and Ellen and Snook Bookings always does a great job promoting the show.  Plus it's Amsterdam so there is always a party after the show. I would love to play Italy, Scotland, Sweden and many others.




13.In  your  opinion  what  is  the  best and  worst  thing  about  the  underground? And  what  does  the  term  Underground  Metal   mean  to  you?


 The best thing about the underground is that it is "underground", Death Metal was never meant to be main stream. The great bands, fans, clubs and promoters are some of the best things.  It's also great to know that all the hard work put into the music pays of with gaining great fans. The worst thing is bands thinking they are entitled to headlining, getting paid, and so much more when they haven’t done anything.  Overall the underground Metal scene is the best, there are a few fuck-heads but they die off anyway.


14. Peter   you  handle  the  vocals  for  the  band  when  did  you  first  become  interested  in singing/growling? Do  you  do  anything   special  to  keep  your  throat/voice  healthy?


 I always wanted to do Death Metal vocals.  When I was playing in my Thrash band (Deslok) back in 1989 I sang backup vocals and would always growl. The other band members didn't like it but I wanted to bring a little Death Metal to the band. So when I started Bloodsoaked there was no way anyone else was going to growl but me... haha





15.Who   are  some  of  your   influences/favorite   vocalists? 



John Tardy (Obituary), Martin van Drunen (Pestilence), Bret Hoffman (Malevolent Creation) and first Deicide album Glen Benton.



16.You   also  handle  the  guitars  for  the  band  when  did you  first  become  interested  in  playing  the  guitars? Are  you  self-taught  or  did  you  take  lessons when  first  learning?


 I got a guitar when I was 15-16 and just started playing and picking up riff here and there.  I took lessons for maybe a month but didn’t learn anything as I wanted to play Metal and they were teaching me boring scales.  I just kept playing and learning Metallica songs and have my own style.  My style has not changed much in the last 25 years or so, I'm a guitarist not a musician... 


17. Peter   thank  you  for   taking  the   time  to  do  this  interview  do  you   have  any  final  comments   for   the  readers?




 Thank you so much for taking the time and interest in Bloodsoaked and supporting the underground.

Bloodsoaked  contact