Sunday, July 17, 2016

Isgarde interview posted up on 7-17-16 done by Patrick

Here is  a   new  interview  with the brand  new  one-mand  band   "Isgarde"  who  talk  about  the debut  cd  which  was  released through  Black Plague  Rec.{USA}  and  Symbol  Of  Domination {Russia}  and  the  bands  beginnings  and  future.So  if you  are  a  fan  of  well  written  and  played  fast  black  metal  with  some  atmospheric  sections  then  be  sure  to  pick up  a  copy today.
Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com
https://plus.google.com/110515263288050247357/posts?hl=en
https://twitter.com/PDeathrasher







Interview   with  Somath  vocalist  and  all  instruments  for   Isgarde    done  by    Patrick
 
 
 
1.Hails    Somath   what  gave  you  the   idea  to  form   Isgarde ? And  how  did  you  choose the  name for  the  band does  it  have  a  special   meaning?
 
 
I had a strong urge in me to create Isgärde. I actually had it in mind some years before I actually started to write material. Isgärde is a place on Öland where I live and Öland is my main inspiration for the music and the main purpose of creating Isgärde. I needed to do this.



2.  Somath   you  are  the  sole  member  of  Isgarde   did  you   plan  to  work  alone  or  would  you   like  to  find  more   musicians  to  work  with  on  future   releases?

Because Isgärde is such a personal thing for me there is no need for any more members. However I did use the help of two friends, Lord Aganaroth of Sapfhier/WAN and Filip Lönnqvist or Rave the Reqviem to do an intro and an outro written and performed especially for Isgärde. They both did a great job.




3.If  you  could  work  with  any  musicians  past  or  present  who  are  some  musicians  you  would  like  to  work  with  and  why?
 
Very interesting question yet hard to answer. I can’t really say since I have no feeling towards working with anyone. My musical journey is for me




4.  Isgarde  is  getting  ready to  release  the debut  cd  "Jag  Enslig Skall  Ga   how  long  did  it  take  you  to  write  and  record  the  songs  for the  debut  release?

The fact is that I recorded the main bulk, say 90% in 2015 and first thought to never release it. Then I did some additional content in 2016 to complete what became the album and decided one evening when I was listening to the songs to actually send an Email out. And I did. As to answer how long it took? I went into the studio with only a strong and sure feeling but nothing written. 7 days later most of it was done. When I open my portal of creativity things just come to me, it’s effortless. I don’t feel as I even think. 

 
 
 
5.Somath  I  believe  I  read  that the  lyrics  are  based  on  the  Swedish  island  Oland   when  did  you  get the  idea  to  write  about  the island?

The whole reason for Isgärde’s existence is Öland. It speaks to me in a way nowhere else does. Maybe it is an island thing? I don’t know. The nature, solitude… 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6.Besides  the  debut cd   does  the  band  have  any  plans  to  do  some  merchandise  for  the  debut?  If  yes  when  will  it  be  available  and  where  can  the readers  find  it?

No plans that I know of. It would be to check with the labels. I will have to see with them and let you know. 

 
 

7.Somath  you    handle  the  vocals  for the  band  when  did  you  start  screaming and  singing? Do  you  do  anything  special  to  keep  your  throat  and  voice   healthy?
 
Probably around the age of 13 I started to mess around (I’m 33). Believe it or not, my first black metal demo was recorded back then by me alone. I think I still have it on a tape. I never prepare before I sing or scream. That is kind of my trick. I don’t want anything to be rehearsed. That is a killer of atmosphere and feeling in my opinion. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
8.Who  are some  of your  influences and  favorite  vocalists?

 
 
There are no particular influences expect the feel of obscure black metal bands, known or unknown. It’s always about the feeling, not so much about the particular band. I like vocals that are raw and unique and that doesn’t sound overly rehearsed. Someone with a natural good voice for whatever style. Again, don’t know who to pick out especially.  


 
 

 9.Besides the  vocals  you  handle  the  instruments  in the  band    when  did  you  become  interested  in  writing  and  performing  music?  Are  you  self taught  or  did you  take  some  lessons  when  first   starting  out?
 
At a very young age. It was clear to me early that music was my thing. I am self taught. It came easy to me. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
10.What   instruments  do  you  currently   play  and  do  you   have  a  favorite  instrument?  Are  their  any  instruments  you  would  like  to   learn  to  play  someday?

I really like to play the drums but my main instrument is guitar. Otherwise I play bass, piano. I could probably play more instruments but I haven’t gotten the chance to try. I would like to have tried out violin and something like trumpet or something similar. 

 
 

 11. Isgarde    comes  out  of the  Swedish  black  metal  scene   what  is your  opinion  of  Sweden's  black metal  scene?
 

Right now I do not follow any scene but when I grew up I did and then I thought of Sweden to be extremely strong with the black metal bands like Marduk, Dissection etc. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
12.Who  are  your  all-time  favorite  Swedish  bands  and  are  their  any  new  upcoming  bands  you  feel  the  readers  should  watch  out for?

Right now I do not listen to a whole lot of music so this is a really hard question. About upcoming bands I do not know too much but I am trying to get more involved. We will see how it goes. For me I always liked the best to write my own music and focus on that. 
 
 

13.Thank  you  Somath   for  taking  the  time  to  fill  this   interview  out.Do  you   have  any  final  words  for the  readers?

Thanks for the interest Patrick. The album ”Jag enslig skall gå” is out now. 
 
 
 
                                                                         Band    Contact
                                             https://www.facebook.com/Isg%C3%A4rde-985896741527921/
                                                                           Label   Contacts
                                                                  http://www.blackplaguerecords.com/
                                                                  http://satanath.com/sodp