Monday, October 31, 2016

Interview with Italy's black metal band Nebrus done by Patrick on 10-31-16

Hails
Here  is  a  new  interview  done  with  Italy's  Nebrus  who  play  a  very  dark  black  metal  style.The  band  is  getting ready  to  release  their  second  full-length  "Exta  Malorvm"  so  be  sure  to  check  out  the  interview  and  check  out  this  band's music  today.
Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com
https://plus.google.com/110515263288050247357?hl=en
https://twitter.com/PDeathrasher




Interview   with  Mortifero  guitarist  of   Nebrus  done  by    Patrick




1.Hails Mortifero please introduce yourself to the readers? And how are things in Italy these days?

Hail, I'm Mortifero, drummer, guitarist and bass player of Nebrus. Nebrus is a project born in 2008 and our goals were since the beginning to play obscure music, starting from Black Metal and trying to add our personality to create something unique. We have one full length and several other releases and now is going to be released our second album “Exta Malorvm”.
Things in Italy...I would like to say shitty but, maybe, this would be quite a common answer, independently from the country, so, it's all right, things could be better but worse too.


2.When did you first meet Noctuaria and was it long before you all decided to start this band?

I met Noctuaria in 2008 just to give birth to a musical project, that was an experimental funeral doom project called “I Sentieri di Staglieno”. We recorded a song, “Desolazione” but the project stopped there 'cause we decided to focus on a more extreme music, keeping the deadly atmosphere in the sound. So we gave birth to Nebrus in the same year, with a more complex, yet atmospheric sound.


3.How did you choose the name Nebrus as the band name? Does it have a special meaning?

The word Nebrus was created by Noctuaria before 2008, it's a word with a cryptic meaning that for us means obscurity and mysteriousness.

4.Right now Nebrus is a two man band would you like to add more members to make a full band or do prefer to work as a two piece?

Actually we are a one man and one woman band. We worked with other musicians and played live quite often in the years 2013-2014 but things didn't work well, so we decided to stop gigging and to focus on the recording of a new album. It's difficult to find musicians that will perfectly fit in our music and concept, as a two piece things are much easier for us.
 
 
5. Nebrus is getting ready to release their second full length cd "Exta Malorvm" do you both take part in the writing process or does one member usually write everything?How long does it usually take to finish one song?

Usually I take care of “metal” instrumental parts, while Noctuaria writes lyrics and prepares ambient soundscapes: when the parts are ready we rehearse (I usually play drums in rehearsal room) with prerecorded guitars and bass, and we master the arrangements of vocals and drumming parts. Writing a song can be really a fast or a very slow process, I cannot generalize: quite often the skeleton of the song is ready in one-two days, but it can be reshaped further, sometimes years after the original composition.

6.Who usually takes care of writing the lyrics and what are some subjects you write about on the new release?

Even if I wrote some lyrics in the past, now, only Noctuaria writes the lyrics. Her style it's really personal, she always give birth to the lyrics materializing horrific deliriums hidden in her contorted mind. Sometimes lyrics comes from live experiences but quite often from the oniric world: lyrics don't want to convey any kind of message but to paint an obscure, twisted and why not, surreal atmosphere, in which, the minds in affinity with ours could find a terrible alternate world to stay and dream.
 
 
7.Besides the new cd "Exta Malorvm" are any of the past releases still available for the readers to buy? Besides releases is their any other merchandise available for the readers and if yes where can the readers buy it?

 Except for strictly limited compilations, all of our past releases are mostly available: we recently printed the “Exta Malorvm” t-shirt. You can find everything contacting us via our Bandcamp for example.

8.What does Black Metal mean to you?

The answer could be longer, but in few words Black Metal for me means to tie reason and to unleash the primordial instinct.
 
 
 
 
9.Besides working in Nebrus are you or Noctuaria currently working in any other bands at this time?

I run a one man band Black Metal band called Nott, since 2002. Nott plays traditional Black Metal since the beginning, closed in a very orthodox way of expression I try to give my interpretations to this bounded style. At the moment I'm working to some new songs that will be part of my third album, still without a name. On the other hand Noctuaria has an ambient project called Flusso Delirante Persecutorio, she recorded two full lengths of very obscure and intense horrific ambient. Nebrus is the ideal connection between our solo music.

10. Nebrus comes out of the Italian black metal scene what is your opinion of Italy's black metal scene?

In the internet era, unfortunately, I think it's almost needless to talk about a national scene. Italy is more or less similar to other Europeans countries where metal is not a quite followed music genre: there are lots of skilled bands, more than in the past but I don't see a stronger scene, because I see many followers and only few leaders, while in the past there were fewer bands but with their own strong personality.
 
11. Who are your all time favorite Italian bands? Are their any new bands you feel the readers should check out soon?

My fave Italian bands are Mefitic and Lorn. I think the readers should check their last albums, “Woes of Mortal Devotion” and “Subconscious Metamorphosis”, they're really good in my opinion.

12.Other then bands are their any good labels or distro's you can recommend to the readers?
 
In Italy I would like to say Avantgarde Music.
 
 
13.Mortifero you handle the guitars for the band at what age did you become interested in playing the guitars? Are you self taught or did you take lessons when first beginning?

I started playing guitar late, after I was 20. I took some lesson but not at the beginning. I think that a teacher should be an important help in building a proper playing technique, trying to maintain an objective and personal musical taste instead.

14.Who are some of your influences and favorite guitarists? Besides the guitars do you currently play any other instruments? Are their any instruments you would like to learn one day?

Masturbatory guitarists does not find appreciation in my taste: I focus on the originality and personality of a musician, the most important thing is the composition and the ability to build sublime atmospheres. You'll find the genius looking at the brain, not at the fingers, so, just to name a few I would like to say Varg Vikernes, Vindsval (Blut Aus Nord) and Horror Illogium (Portal): they sent me more than one shiver down to my spine.
I currently play drums and bass too.
In the future I would like to learn playing didgeridoo, it's a very fascinating instrument for me.
 
 
15.When not working on new music or band business what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Unfortunately I must overturn the question: when I'm not working, and I mean my real work that slowly is consuming me, I please myself playing the guitar or the drums, that's all!

16.Thank you Mortifero for taking the time to fill this interview out. Do you have anything you would like to add to finish the interview?

Nothing to add, I'd rather let our album “Exta Malorvm” speak for us. Thanks for your time and for the interview.
 
                                          Band   Contact
                                     https://www.facebook.com/NEBRUSband/?fref=ts
                                         http://nebrus.bandcamp.com/