Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Interview with Foul Body Autopsy done by Patrick posted on3-14-18


Interview with Tom R. vocalist and all instruments of Foul Body Autopsy done by Patrick

1.Hello Tom how is life going in the U.K this week? Please introduce yourself to the readers?


Hi, life in the U.K is ok at the moment, well other than the flu that’s going around and we had a lot of snow recently. (How English complaining about the weather already) anyway hello, readers I am Tom and I am the sole member of Foul Body Autopsy!


2. Tom you started Foul Body Autopsy in 2010 when did you first get the idea to start this band? And who would you say are Foul Body Autopsy's biggest influences?


Well, I was 17 at the time and still playing in local bands but I had been thinking about starting a solo project for a while. I think I ended up stumbling across a video of Putrid Pile playing obscene extreme and it made me think “that’s what I need to do” and the rest is history.

The influences are always changing at the moment I am on a massive Doom/Black Metal kick especially bands like Earth, Bell Witch, Grief, Sunn O))), Xasthur, & Wolves In The Throne Room. Also Cardiacs load of Cardiacs.


3.Tom I believe you are the sole member of the band did you plan to work as a one man band or would you like to find new musicians to make a full line-up?

Yes, I did plan to do Foul Body Autopsy as a one-man band, and as far as getting other musicians to play in the band? the answer is FUCK NO!


4.What do you feel is the easiest and hardest thing about being a one man band?


It’s all relative, being a one-man band is piss easy and extremely hard work all at the same time.



5.Foul Body Autopsy's second release This Machine Kills Zombies will be released soon. How long did it take you to write the music for the new release?


I think I started writing the album in July of 2016 and then finished it in December of 2017. So in total, it took about 17 months to write and record the album.

6.The lyrics are based on George A.Romerero's Day Of The Dead when did you get the idea to do a concept release?


I am a big fan of old school horror films and I have always been enamoured with George A. Romero’s work. Especially his original dead trilogy, the films always had a good amount of social commentary weaved within the overarching story. For example, Night Of The Living Dead explores civil unrest, cold war paranoia as well as class and race conflict. I remember the specific moment that I decided to make a Romero style concept album. I was sat in a studio with a friend while he was mixing one of his songs. I just happened to be checking my Email when I found an article with the title, "North Korean Ghost Ships Full Of Corpses Are Washing Up On Japanese Shores" and from that moment the concept was born!


7.I believe This Machine Kills Zombies is a digital release are there any plans to do a physical release soon?


From now on all my releases will be predominantly digital, I have a few reasons for this but the main reason is that people are not buying physical like they did years ago. So it’s a waste of money making physical in my mind.


8.Besides the new release are the bands previous EP.'S and debut full length still available to the readers to buy?



The debut full length is out of print but you can still get the Eps in physical format for now.


9.Other than George A.Romero do you enjoy watching any other horror movies? If yes what are some of your favourite horror movies?


Yes I do like a lot of horror movies I like to stick with old school horror though as I find new horror to just be jump scare crap. Or just got awful shit like Paranormal Craptivity

Some good movies are The Silence of the Lambs, Psycho, The Serpent And the Rainbow, The Evil Dead, Alien & Night Of The Creeps.


10.Who are some of your all-time favourite actresses and actors you enjoy watching? And other then George A.Romero who are some directors you enjoy watching?


I don't know what if I have favourite actors some of my favourite directors are. George Romero, John Carpenter, Wes Craven, Dario Argento, David Cronenberg & Tobe Hooper.


11.Besides working in Foul Body Autopsy do you currently work with any other bands or solo projects?If yes please tell the readers a little about them?


The only other band I play in is a Grindcore trio called Nagasaki birth defect and we have a few records out and a second album on the way.

12.What does underground metal mean to you?


Freedom to experiment musically without boundary’s.


13.Besides metal do you listen to any other forms of underground music if yes what genres do you listen to and who are some of your favorite bands and artists?


Well at the moment I am listening to a lot of minimalist and ambient music.


14.When not working on new music or band business what do you enjoy doing in your free time?


Watching films, Watching boxsets,Finding new music,Reading Books,Cooking,Cycling,Yoga,Getting tattooed, Sleeping,

15.Thank you Tom for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final words for the readers?


Please checkout my music! Thanks for reading!

                                                       Band  Contacts
                                        https://www.facebook.com/FoulBodyAutopsyofficial
                                           https://foulbodyautopsyofficial.bandcamp.com/